Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Weekly Challenge #75: "Tanglation Nation: Cadent"


Ahh, Cadent. You are a foundation, a keystone; a staple. 
New tanglers swoon at your apparent difficulty, 
until they discover 
how 
simple 
you 
really 
are. 


This tile is mostly a combination of Cadent and Dragonair, a pattern created by Norma Burnell. Let it be known, that woman can rock a set of Inktense watercolor pencils like you would not believe. So. Much. Talent. *sigh*

I used a purple LePen and green and blue Sharpie pens to add a 'ping' of color. A smattering. A hint. A highlight. An accent. 

No pop.

I say this because if I hear the words 'pop of color' (or 'organic') one more time I'm going to scream like I did that one time I got on the New York New York roller coaster in Las Vegas.

If you would like to see my very first overdose of Cadent (one of the very first things I did after I got back from CZT8 seminar), you can click here to be magically transported.

15 comments:

  1. What fun! Love your "ping".

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous!and I love the smatter of colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do remember how confident cadent made me feel the first time I realized how easy it was. Your tile has a great balance in design, feminine folds of graceful beauty and color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. I like the touch of color. My daughter loves to do cadent, because like you said it looks difficult, but is so simple and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments. I should probably clarify that I feel the 'pop of color' thing is overused in advertising, especially in the cosmetic world... I meant no offense to my tangler friends (I don't recall anyone ever saying it to me)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tile, the color really gives it life (and I don't normally like color in Zentangle)Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your dancing variation in the center and the "hint" of color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a bit like looking at music. Great!

    Annemarie Huijts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pretty and delicate tangles on the trim!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely, and your embellishments are just the right touch. Love the delicate addition of color (and personally, I am a huge fan of blue and green together - anywhere!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well I LOVE the pop ( :-p ) of colour!

    Seriously, your tile is truly beautiful, and it makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A ripple, a ruffle, a musical cadenza of joy! Love it.

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beastly word verification... I managed to post the last comment on the fourth attempt... Since blogger introduced this, posting comments has become quite an ordeal at times. If you are moderating comments anyway, there's no need for word verification. Could I please (pretty please?) politely request that you turn it off? I know your regular visitors will all thank you for it!! You would probably end up with more comments, too, because it won't put off the less persistent commentors lol!

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete

• ❃ • ❋ • ❁ • ✿ • ✽ • ❀ •
I have comment moderation turned on to filter out all the spammy flotsam, so submitted comments will not appear until after they squeeze by the spam filter (that would be me). ;o) If you'd like a reply, please email me and I will reply posthaste by pigeon or owl within the month (possibly longer, depending on distance and weather conditions).