Sunday, April 15, 2012

CORKIN


I've been on a circle pattern kick lately. They're SO much fun to play with. Coming up with simple patterns and then working out piles of ways to make them ridiculously complicated is my new favorite thing.

Here's the bare-bones approach to Corkin. As with any good morning worth starting, you begin with a doughnut. I can't believe I'm saying this, but skip the sprinkles. For now.





Some things you should know about CORKIN:
1. Don't get it wet.
2. Don't expose it to bright light.
3. No matter how much it begs... never, ever feed it after midnight. 





...or it will turn into this.





And now, a word from our sponsor:

I opened my eyes
And looked up at the rain
And it dripped in my head
And flowed into my brain, 
And all that I hear as I lie in my bed
Is the slishity-slosh of the rain in my head.

I step very softly,
I walk very slow,
I can't do a handstand-
I might overflow,
So pardon the wild crazy thing I just said-
I'm just not the same since there's rain in my head.

-Shel Silverstein

4 comments:

  1. Wow! What did you feed it??? Corkin is a whole gold mine all by itself. I just saw Veezly, too, and really appreciate your tips on drawing a grid. Problem solved! Thank you. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice tangle and I love your sense of humor.

    Thank you, I really needed to laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for Corkin. It reminds me of my grandmother's wonderful button collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I fed mine peanut butter and blueberries and they grew into all kinds of wonderful things! And when I added colour (it`s a "thing" of mine), well, they almost burst! Thank you so-o-o much Sandy!

    ReplyDelete

• ❃ • ❋ • ❁ • ✿ • ✽ • ❀ •
I have comment moderation turned on to filter out all the spammy flotsam, so submitted comments will not appear until after they squeeze by the spam filter (that would be me). ;o) If you'd like a reply, please email me and I will reply posthaste by pigeon or owl within the month (possibly longer, depending on distance and weather conditions).