Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Weekly Challenge #73: UMT v.V: Bridgen


I think this might be another challenge I have to do more than once, 'cause I. LOVE. BRIDGEN. And I sure do love those danglies. Technically, I don't think they'd qualify as a tangle pattern, but they're so... happy. I may never do another tile without them. :oD





Update: I know I'm breaking some serious Zentangle rules here, but I lean pretty hard toward whimsical/cutesy ALL THE TIME and I've been dying to ignore the rules (no up or down, no representational art) and really have some fun with this pattern. So I threw in a few of my favorite things, and threw the rules out the window.

Just this once.







14 comments:

  1. Bridgen is wonderfully strung throughout this zentangle and it become beautiful because of the string!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The second one is whimsical and fun! I really love it!

      Delete
  2. hahaha! i love the dangles, too! they are so much fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made a beatifull tile!!!

    Annemarie Huijts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun, fun, fun. Great contrast and love your danglies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm also a fan of your dangles, and your line work is really well done! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great and just love those dangles!!!!! Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice change using black dots, and then some Crescent Moon-y parts too! Have you seen Joanne Fink's video about Dangles?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're so right about the dangles - they just make me smile! Your piece just oozes happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, you're right. I love those "danglies" and all the rest, too.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your bold black dots and your danglies

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks very chirpy, and alive. Great tiles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. sometimes rules need to be thrown out the window :) i love your second tile! it's like an 'i spy' - my fav is the little guying hanging by his hands! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great work, Sandy. Call it Zentangle-Inspired Art, and anything goes. Who says you can't do what you like?

    Shoshitherebel

    ReplyDelete

• ❃ • ❋ • ❁ • ✿ • ✽ • ❀ •
I have comment moderation turned on to filter out all the spammy flotsam, so submitted comments will not appear until after they squeeze by the spam filter (that would be me). ;o) If you'd like a reply, please email me and I will reply posthaste by pigeon or owl within the month (possibly longer, depending on distance and weather conditions).