Wednesday, February 03, 2016

cotton & thread.

My mom is downright dangerous with her sewing machine. I was kicking back with her in her sewing room (a.k.a. her 'happy place'!) yesterday, and wondered aloud whether a Zentangle tile could successfully be stitched by machine since it's 100% cotton paper. Never one to back down from a creative challenge, she did the loopy border on her sewing machine, and then I tangled the rest.



See how the thread casts a shadow from the sun slanting in through the window? Late afternoon is the prettiest time of day in my studio, when the sunlight illuminates the inhabitants of my fish tank and my meticulously curated dust collection. ;o) 




A few other borders... they didn't make the cut, but still looked pretty cool stitched into the tiles. These patterns might look vaguely familiar to my fellow tangle junkies.



Next I'll see if I can successfully sew two tangled roundies back to back with batting in the middle, and make an ornament out of it... I only have eleven months to make it work! ;o)





•  •  •  •  •  •  •

Thanks for stopping by... 
feel free to visit me here!




11 comments:

  1. Creative genius, cheers to you both! You're a fascinating woman...and funny. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this. I like the other borders that didn't make the cut and would love to see them incorporated into your zentangle. Really like how you used red thread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Marty. Red seemed like the right color to use... glad you agree!

      Delete
  3. I love this with the sewing added! I'm so glad you photographed it sitting on a table in the natural light. It made a huge difference. Amazing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Denise! the right lighting is everything. ;o)

      Delete
  4. I really love that stitched border - really adds dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys rocked that tile! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

• ❃ • ❋ • ❁ • ✿ • ✽ • ❀ •
I have comment moderation turned on to filter out all the spammy flotsam, so submitted comments will not appear until after they squeeze by the spam filter (that would be me). ;o) If you'd like a reply, please email me and I will reply posthaste by pigeon or owl within the month (possibly longer, depending on distance and weather conditions).