Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Weekly Challenge #154: valentanglin'.

The Diva challenge this week: a little Valentine's day-themed tanglin'! I did two zendalas: one in honor of my brother, who is getting hitched on Valentine's Day, and one in honor of his wife-to-be. I love him to pieces, and she is so perfect for him. Totally thrilled for them both.

Both of these are six-inch zendalas on Fabriano Tiepolo paper. 
04 sensei, 01 and 005 microns, stardust clear gelly roll pen for sparkle, 2B pencil for shading, Daniel Smith watercolors to make 'em snappy. Granulating ones... that's why they look a little grainy. I think. Gotta watch those perky cobalts.. they'll turn on you faster than you can say 'valendala'!













•  •  •  •  •  •  •
Thanks for stopping by! 
Feel free to join me here
where I frequently share artsy things that inspire me, 
invite tanglers to share art,
crack silly jokes, 
and offer up the 
occasional 
tangle 
prompt. 
:oD




12 comments:

  1. Love your take on this week's challenge. Especially the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful vandala's I love the colors in both of them. My favorite is # 1. I just love that color, and there are so many hearts in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oohhh! Love your Valendalas, especially the purple. NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous! Love the color :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! These are both so very beautiful! What a lovely tribute to your brother and soon to be sister-in-law! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are stunning! My favorite is the second one, maybe because of thos colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both are beautifully done! I can't pick a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! So much to see on the first zendala. The shading gives this so much dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely and Amazing work, the watercolor adds beautiful richness to your Zendalas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your valen-tangle zendalas!! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete

• ❃ • ❋ • ❁ • ✿ • ✽ • ❀ •
I have comment moderation turned on to filter out all the spammy flotsam, so submitted comments will not appear until after they squeeze by the spam filter (that would be me). ;o) If you'd like a reply, please email me and I will reply posthaste by pigeon or owl within the month (possibly longer, depending on distance and weather conditions).