Sunday, July 15, 2012

Weekly Challenge #78: "New Official Tangle: Auraknot"

Two of my favorite sayings apply here:
1. Better late than never.
2. Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.

Here's my bazillionth attempt at Auraknot, which I have used here as a string. I don't think we'll be going away together for a weekend spa vacation or anything, but at least we're on speaking terms now. Also, I think this might be the record for the most different patterns I have ever crammed into a 4X6-inch space.

Ooh. Except that first zendala I did, before I realized it was ok if some of the spaces matched... ha! That was a whip.


Clockwise from top left: cat-kin, hollibaugh, coils and beadline, pendrills, crescent moon, ticking, chainging (or punzel, can't remember which one is the tricked-out version), a fusion of floatfest and tipple (thank you, tangle jar), mi2, dansk, tripoli, opus, a mishmash of fengle and some wavy/spiraly lines, lilypads, betweed, snafoozle. Drupe in the middle.

And now, on an unrelated note... pancakes. Gotta go.


10 comments:

  1. haha! this is great! i like all the patterns and your auraknots are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a totally fun aura knot, I love the boldness of the tangles. It makes me want to keep on looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this - I too have a love/hate relationship with this pattern so far... I think this is a lovely way to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You managed to make a wonderful zia! Quite original.

    Annemarie Huijts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is beautiful (and beautifully done).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is really, really awesome what you did. I love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice. In spite of all the tangles the star in the middle still stands out as a focal point. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm very new to playing around with 'tangles' This is inspiring, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haven't tried Auraknot yet - it does look difficult. However, Shoshi's always up for a challenge... This is a beautiful tangle, with a lot of gorgeous patterns making a beautifully unified whole. I especially love how the black background sets it off. Great stuff.

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete

• ❃ • ❋ • ❁ • ✿ • ✽ • ❀ •
I have comment moderation turned on to filter out all the spammy flotsam, so submitted comments will not appear until after they squeeze by the spam filter (that would be me). ;o) If you'd like a reply, please email me and I will reply posthaste by pigeon or owl within the month (possibly longer, depending on distance and weather conditions).