Sunday, July 15, 2012

Weekly Challenge #78: "New Official Tangle: Auraknot"

Two of my favorite sayings apply here:
1. Better late than never.
2. Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.

Here's my bazillionth attempt at Auraknot, which I have used here as a string. I don't think we'll be going away together for a weekend spa vacation or anything, but at least we're on speaking terms now. Also, I think this might be the record for the most different patterns I have ever crammed into a 4X6-inch space.

Ooh. Except that first zendala I did, before I realized it was ok if some of the spaces matched... ha! That was a whip.


Clockwise from top left: cat-kin, hollibaugh, coils and beadline, pendrills, crescent moon, ticking, chainging (or punzel, can't remember which one is the tricked-out version), a fusion of floatfest and tipple (thank you, tangle jar), mi2, dansk, tripoli, opus, a mishmash of fengle and some wavy/spiraly lines, lilypads, betweed, snafoozle. Drupe in the middle.

And now, on an unrelated note... pancakes. Gotta go.


9 comments:

  1. haha! this is great! i like all the patterns and your auraknots are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a totally fun aura knot, I love the boldness of the tangles. It makes me want to keep on looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this - I too have a love/hate relationship with this pattern so far... I think this is a lovely way to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You managed to make a wonderful zia! Quite original.

    Annemarie Huijts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is beautiful (and beautifully done).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice. In spite of all the tangles the star in the middle still stands out as a focal point. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very new to playing around with 'tangles' This is inspiring, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't tried Auraknot yet - it does look difficult. However, Shoshi's always up for a challenge... This is a beautiful tangle, with a lot of gorgeous patterns making a beautifully unified whole. I especially love how the black background sets it off. Great stuff.

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete

• ❃ • ❋ • ❁ • ✿ • ✽ • ❀ •
I have comment moderation turned on to filter out all the spammy flotsam, so submitted comments will not appear until after they squeeze by the spam filter (that would be me). ;o) If you'd like a reply, please email me and I will reply posthaste by pigeon or owl within the month (possibly longer, depending on distance and weather conditions).